General survey of England and Wales : an entirely new & accurate survey of the County of Kent, with part of the County of Essex done by the surveying drafsmen of His Majesty's Honourable Board of Ordnance / on the basis of the trigonometrical survey carried on by their orders under the direction of Captn. W. Mudge of the Royal Artillery, F.R.S. ; Thos. Foot, engraver.
- Additional Title(s):
County of Kent
- London : Published by W. Faden, Geographer to His Majesty and to His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, Charing Cross, January 1st, 1801.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 4 sheets : dissected and mounted on linen ; 115.1 x 170.1 cm., sheets 60.3 x 87.2 cm., folded to 22 x 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMaps/Atlases 1862 KentYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:63,360].
- Map of the County of Kent in England and part of the County of Essex showing roads, towns and villages, farmlands and topographical features. Relief shown by hachures.
Coat of arms at head of title.
In lower right corner of SE sheet: To the most noble Charles Marquis Cornwallis and the rest the principal officers of His Majesty's Ordnance this map is respectfully dedicated by their most obedient & faithful servant W. Mudge, Drawing Room Tower, January 1st 1801.
With slipcase entitled: County of Kent.
Prime meridian: Greenwich.
BAC: British Art Center copy from the collection of Ernest Augustus Cumberland.
- Subject Terms:
- Counties -- England -- Kent -- Maps.Kent (England) -- Maps.Roads -- England -- Kent -- Maps.
YCBA Collections Search
Mudge, William, 1762-1820, General survey of England and Wales , January 1st, 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.