Snell, Robert, fl. 1756-1785, To the nobility, gentry, clergy and others, this map of the county of Monmouth, is most humbly inscribed , 1785
- To the nobility, gentry, clergy and others, this map of the county of Monmouth, is most humbly inscribed / by their ever dutyfull & very humble serv.t Robert Snell ; engrav'd & printed by I. Ames.
- Bristol : I. Ames, Clare Street, 1785.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : hand col., dissected and mounted on linen ; 89 x 84 cm., folded in slipcase 25 x 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMaps/Atlases 1862 MonmouthYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:63,360].
- Relief shown by hachures.
Includes text, explanation, and table "Distances of Principle Places."
BAC: British Art Center copy from the collection of Ernest Augustus Cumberland.
- Subject Terms:
- Monmouthshire (Wales) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Wales -- Monmouthshire.
- Early works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.