A topographical map of Wiltshire : on a scale of 2 inches to a mile, from an actual survey / by John Andrews and Andrew Dury in the year 1773 ; G. B. Cipriani inv. ; J.Caldwall sculp.
- London : Published ... and sold by A. Dury in Dukes Court, St. Martins Lane, and Jno. Andrews, No. 5 Bridge Court, Westminster Bridge, Augt. 19th, 1773.
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas (18 leaves) ; 55 x 73 cm or smaller
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAtlas 80 Folio AYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale 1:31,680; 2 inches to a mile.
Relief shown pictorially and by hachures.
"Minutes of longitude east from the meridian of the Cathedral of Salisbury."
Includes "List of subscribers."
Accompanied by 2 copies of "A map of Wilt Shire; (taken from actual survey) being the index map to the large one."
BAC: British Art Center copy from the collection of Ernest Augustus Cumberland.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Wiltshire.Wiltshire (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Early works.
YCBA Collections Search
Andrews, John, 1736-1809, A topographical map of Wiltshire , Augt. 19th, 1773
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.