Hydrographical chart of the world : according to Wrights, or Mercators projection / delineated by A. Arrowsmith ; engraved by Edw'd Jones.
- London : Published ... by A. Arrowsmith, Hydrographer to H.R.H. the Prince of Wales, 10 Soho Square, 1811 Sept. 10.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : col., dissected and mounted on linen ; 147.6 x 248.6 cm., sheets 156.5 x 127.6 cm., folded to 26.2 x 21.3 cm., in slipcase 29.5 x 24.2 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMaps/Atlases 1862 WorldYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:18 000 000].
- World map which refers to nautical hazards such as islands and rocks. Relief shown by hachures.
"Bibliothèque de M. L's. V'or. Charlier"--T.p. verso.
Prime meridian: Greenwich.
BAC: British Art Center copy from the collection of Ernest Augustus Cumberland.
- Subject Terms:
- World maps.
YCBA Collections Search
Arrowsmith, Aaron, 1750-1823, Hydrographical chart of the world , 1811 Sept. 10
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.