Outlines of the physical and political divisions of South America [cartographic material] / delineated by A. Arrowsmith partly from scarce and original documents published before the year 1806, but principally from manuscript maps & surveys made between the years 1771 and 1806, corrected from astronomical observations to 1810.
- London : A. Arrowsmith, No. 10 Soho Square, hydrographer to H.R.H. the Prince of Wales, 4th January, 1811.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 6 sheets : hand col., dissected and mounted ; 243 x 202 cm., sheets 81 x 100 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMaps/Atlases 1862 South AmericaYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:2,918,400] -- (W 84°--W 33°/N 13°--S 45°).
- Relief shown by hachures.
"Engraved by Edw. Jones" below title.
Inset at lower right: [Sheet 6. Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego, and the Falkland Islands].
Inset at lower left: [Rio Meta].
BAC: British Art Center copy from the collection of Ernest Augustus Cumberland.
- Subject Terms:
- Imprint 1811South America -- Maps.
YCBA Collections Search
Outlines of the physical and political divisions of South America, 4th January, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.