Outlines of the physical and political divisions of South America, 4th January, 1811
- Outlines of the physical and political divisions of South America [cartographic material] / delineated by A. Arrowsmith partly from scarce and original documents published before the year 1806, but principally from manuscript maps & surveys made between the years 1771 and 1806, corrected from astronomical observations to 1810.
- London : A. Arrowsmith, No. 10 Soho Square, hydrographer to H.R.H. the Prince of Wales, 4th January, 1811.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 6 sheets : hand col., dissected and mounted ; 243 x 202 cm., sheets 81 x 100 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMaps/Atlases 1862 South AmericaYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:2,918,400] -- (W 84°--W 33°/N 13°--S 45°).
- Relief shown by hachures.
"Engraved by Edw. Jones" below title.
Inset at lower right: [Sheet 6. Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego, and the Falkland Islands].
Inset at lower left: [Rio Meta].
BAC: British Art Center copy from the collection of Ernest Augustus Cumberland.
- Subject Terms:
- Imprint 1811South America -- Maps.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.