Map of lower Egypt / from various surveys communicated by Major Bryce and other officers ; drawn by A. Arrowsmith 1807 ; Jas. Palmer sculp.
- London : A. Arrowsmith, 1807.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col. ; 120 x 157 cm., sheets 65 x 164 cm. and 66 x 164 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMaps/Atlases 1862 EgyptYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:185,000] -- (E 29°33ʹ--E 32°36ʹ/N 31°45ʹ--N 29°45ʹ).
- Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by contours and soundings.
Also covers Nile River Delta.
"London: Published 10th Nov'r 1807 by A. Arrowsmith, No. 10 Soho Square."
Originally printed on 4 sheets.
Imperfect: Fold-lined, torn, taped on verso (recent restoration).
Includes text, notes in map area, and inset of "Battle of the Nile 1st Aug. 1798" with index of participating ships.
BAC: British Art Center copy from the collection of Ernest Augustus Cumberland.
- Subject Terms:
- Egypt -- Maps.Egypt -- Nile River Delta.Egypt.Nile River Delta (Egypt) -- Maps.Nile, Battle of the (Egypt : 1798)Nile, Battle of the, Egypt, 1798 -- Maps.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.