Map of Upper Egypt / drawn from various documents by A. Arrowsmith ; J. Palmer sculp.
- London : A. Arrowsmith, 1807.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : hand col. ; 97 x 67 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMaps/Atlases 1862 EgyptYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:690,000] -- (E 29°42ʹ--E 34°15ʹ/N 30°00ʹ--N 24°07ʹ).
- Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by contours and soundings.
Also covers "Sea of Suez".
"London, published 20th Nov. 1807, by A. Arrowsmith, no. 10 Soho Square."
Originally printed on 2 sheets.
Imperfect: Trimmed at right edge, paper strip affixed to verso along trimmed edge, fold-lined, taped on verso.
Includes text, inset of "Bay of Cosire", and distance list "From Cossier Fort gate to Ghinnah".
BAC: British Art Center copy from the collection of Ernest Augustus Cumberland.
- Subject Terms:
- Egypt -- Maps.Egypt.Red Sea -- Gulf of Suez.Suez, Gulf of -- Maps.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.