The anatomical exercises of Dr. William Harvey / De motu cordis 1628; De circulatione sanguinis 1649 : the first English text of 1653 now newly edited by Geoffrey Keynes.
- Additional Title(s):
Harvey's De motu cordis
De motu cordis. English.
- London : The Nonesuch Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 202,  pages,  folded leaf of plates : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQP101 .H3713 1928Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by Charles Sigrist; after Stephen Gooden.
"This edition, printed by Joh. Enschede en Zonen on Dutch paper, is limited to 1450 copies for sale in England and America."--Colophon.
"Printed and made in Holland with the types of Joan Michael Fleischman and of Christopher van Dijck."--Verso of title page.
"Editor's postscript to the present edition and textual notes."--Page 196.
"Issued on the occasion of the tercentenary celebration of the first publication of the text of De motu cordis."--Title page.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 51
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 483 of 1450. Bound in contemporary brown morocco.
- Subject Terms:
- Blood -- Circulation.Printing -- Specimens -- England, 20th Century, London, Nonesuch Press, 1928.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Engravings -- 1928.
YCBA Collections Search
Harvey, William, 1578-1657, The anatomical exercises of Dr. William Harvey , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.