Cupid & Psyches : the most pleasant & delectable tale of their marriage : engravings by Lettice Sandford.
- Additional Title(s):
Cupid and Psyches
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXXIV 
- Physical Description:
- 47,  pages : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA6209.M5 S26 1934Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Limited edition of 150 copies.
"The tale of Cupid & Psyches from the Golden Asse of Apuleius translated by William Adlington about 1566 is here reprinted from the Quarto of 1639 by Christopher Sandford, Francis J. Newbery and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, 10, Staple Inn, London."--Page 
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 93
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 148 of 150. Bound in original cream quarter buckram with black and tan batik boards.
BEIN 1976 386: Bookplate of Coleman O. Parsons.
- Subject Terms:
- Eros (Greek deity) in literatureLatin fiction -- Translations in to English.Parsons, Coleman O. -- Bookplate.Printing -- Specimens -- England, 20th Century, London, Golden Cockerel Press, 1934.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Psyche (Greek deity) -- In literature.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1934.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.