Consequences : a complete story in the manner of the old parlour game : in nine chapters, each by a different author.
- Additional Title(s):
Game of consequences, as played by ...
- First edition.
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1932.
- Physical Description:
- 66 pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6005 .O67 1932Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Frontispiece engraved by Eric Ravilious.
"This book was printed by Robert and Moira Gibbings, assisted by George Churchill, at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire, and completed on the 14th day of October, 1932. Compositors: F. Young and A.H. Gibbs. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. This first edition consistes of 200 numbered copies on hand made paper signed by the authors, and 1,000 unsigned copies on machine made paper."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 85
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 123 of a limited edition of 200 copies, signed by the authors. Bound in blue quarter morocco and patterned orange cloth.
BEIN 1975 945: Autograph of John Van Druten. Autograph of Gladys Bronwyn Stern. Autograph of Alfred Edgar Coppard. Autograph of Sean O'Faolain. Autograph of Norah Hoult. Autograph of Hamish MacLaren. Autograph of Elizabeth Bowen. Autograph of Sir Ronald Fraser. Autograph of Mary Whitaker. Autograph of Eric William Ravilious. Bookplate of Linda Lee Thomas Porter. No. 134.
- Subject Terms:
- Bowen, Elizabeth, 1899-1973 -- Autograph.Coppard, Alfred Edgar, 1878- -- Autograph.Fraser, Ronald, Sir, 1888- -- Autograph.Hoult, Norah, 1901- -- Autograph.MacLaren, Hamish, 1901- -- Autograph.O'Faolain, Sean, 1900- -- Autograph.Porter, Linda Lee Thomas, d. 1954 -- Bookplate.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.Ravilious, Eric William, 1903-1942 -- Autograph.Short stories.Stern, Gladys Bronwyn, 1890- -- Autograph.Van Druten, John, 1901-1957 -- Autograph.Whitaker, Mary -- Autograph.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
Wood engravings -- 1932.
Handmade paper printings (Printing) -- 1932.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.