Daisy Matthews : and three other tales / by Rhys Davies ; with wood engravings by Agnes Miller Parker.
- Waltham, Saint Lawrence, Berkshire, England : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1932.
- Physical Description:
- , 63,  pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6007.A85 D35 1932Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This book was printed and published at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire, by Robert and Moira Gibbings, assisted by George Churchill, and completed on the 18th of November, 1932. Compositors: A.H. Gibbs and F. Young. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The edition is limited to 325 copies."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 87
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 200 of 325, signed by the author. Bound in original brown quarter morocco with red and orange patterned cloth.
BEIN 1975 6: Autograph of Rhys Davies. Bookplate of Linda Lee Thomas Porter.
- Subject Terms:
- Davies, Rhys, 1903- -- Autograph.Manners and customs -- Great Britain.Porter, Linda Lee Thomas, d. 1954 -- Bookplate.Printing -- Specimens -- England, 20th Century, Waltham Saint Lawrence, Golden Cockerel Press, 1932.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.Wales -- Social life and customs -- Fiction.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
Wood engravings -- 1932.
- Daisy Matthews
- The wanderer
- The sleeping beauty