Sporting scrap book / by Henry Alken, containing fifty plates, designed and engraved by himself.
- London: : Published by Thomas M'Lean, 26, Haymarket, 
- Physical Description:
- 50 prints, 1 leaf of letterpress in 1 volume : soft-ground etchings ; plate marks 15 x 22 cm, on sheets 19 x 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE960.5.E5 A45 1824Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Date of publication from plates.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 120
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt tooled red morocco by Rivière and Son. Original wrappers bound in at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Alken, Henry Thomas, 1784-1851 -- Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc.Alken, Henry Thomas, 1784-1851.Country life -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Dogs -- Pictorial works.Horses -- Pictorial works.Hunting -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Sporting prints, British.
- Soft-ground etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.