"Gone away" : the song of a thruster, a fox-hunting ballad / with words and music by Everett R. Currier ; illustrations by Lealand R. Gustavson.
- [S.l.] : Privately printed, 1953, c1951.
- Physical Description:
- 1 score ( p.) : col. ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 588Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Music (printed)
- "To my old hunt, the Fairfield County Hounds of Westport, Connecticut."
For voice and piano.
First line of text: Oh, they say that I'm a thruster.
First line of chorus: Gone away, gone away.
Accompanied by mailing envelope.
BAC: British Art Center copy: White paper cover; printed in black and red lettering on front cover, horseman in red and black on front cover. In envelope on which PM has noted "Gift of Edward Durell" (friend from the VA. 100-mile ride).
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, English.Ballads, English.Fox hunting -- Songs and music.Fox hunting.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.