Geoffrey Gambado's surprising feats in horsemanship : exemplified in a series of very laughable caricatures.
- Additional Title(s):
Surprising feats in horsemanship
- New York : Published by S. King, of whom may be had the greatest variety of toy books in the United States, 1824.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : all color illustrations ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1475 .B86 1824Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title.
Publisher's advertisments on back cover.
Color engravings by William Charles; after Henry Bunbury.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original printed orange paper wrappers; stitched.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Horsemanship -- Caricatures and cartoons.Horses -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
- How to stop your horse at pleasure
- How to ride a horse upon three legs
- How to turn any horse mare or gelding
- How to ride up Hyde Park
- The mistaken notion
- How to lose your way
- How to ride genteel and agreeable down hill
- A bit of blood
- One way to stop your horse
- How to be run away with
- How to pass a carriage
- Geoffrey Gambado Esq.