Graziella / by A. de Lamartine ; translated by Ralph Wright ; with 30 illustrations by Jacquier.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : The Nonesuch Press, MCMXXIX 
- Physical Description:
- , 189,  pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ2325 .G7313 1929Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 57
"This edition consists of 1,600 copies, of which 600 are for sale in the United States of America by Random House Inc. It has been printed on Arches paper by Robert MacLehose and Co., Ltd., and the illustrations in colour have been stencilled by the Curwen Press, which has also printed the binding cloth; the whole under the care of Francis Meynell."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center is no. 3 of 1,600 copies. Bound in natural coarse weave cloth, printed wih a pattern of urns and flames in green and red by the Curwen Press.
BEIN Hfe Lm44w: No. 414.
Eighteen year-old Alphonse de Lamartine meets a young girl, Graziella, during his trip to Italy. They fall in love. But Alphonse's resolve waivers, and he lets love slip through his fingers.
- Subject Terms:
- Italy -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Fiction.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.