Chanticleer : bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, April 1921-1936 August ; introduction by Humbert Wolfe ; foreword & notes by the partners ; illustrations from the books.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1936.
- Physical Description:
- , 13-47,  pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ232.G63 C43 1936Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Printed and published by the Golden Cockerel Press, 10 Staple Inn, London. Completed on the 27th November, 1936. Compositor: A.H. Gibbs. Pressman: H. Barker. The edition is limited to 300 numbered copies, signed by the partners, printed on F.J. Head's hand-made paper, in 13 pt. Perpetua roman and Felicity italic type. There is also an unlimited unnumbered edition."--Colophon.
Engravings by John Fairleigh, Celia Fiennes, Tirzah Garwood, Robert Gibbings, Eric Gill, Gertrude Hermes, Blair Hughes-Stanton, David Jones, Lynton Lamb, Agnes MIller Parker, John Nash, Paul Nash, Eric Ravilious, and Lettice Sandford.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 116
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 108 of 300. Bound in green quarter morocco with yellow and green printed cloth. Signed by Christopher Sandford, Anthony Sandford, Owen Rutter, and F.J. Newbery.
- Subject Terms:
- Golden Cockerel Press -- Bibliography.Newbery, F.J. -- Autograph.Printing -- Specimens -- England, 20th Century, London, Golden Cockerel Press, 1936.Private press books -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Private presses -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.Rutter, Owen 1889-1944 -- Autograph.Sandford, Anthony -- Autograph.Sandford, Christopher -- Autograph.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1936.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.