The gentlemans pocket farrier / by Captain Burdon ; with large additions and remarks by Dr. Henry Bracken of Lancaster ; shewing the diseases and accidents a horse is liable to, and the most approved methods of cure ; also many useful observations & remarks concerning the choice and management of horses.
- London : Printed for Edwd. Johnston, & sold by Wallis & Stonehouse, No. 16 Ludgate Street, [between 1775 and 1777?]
- Physical Description:
- , 76,  pages,  leaf of plates ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF951 .B87 1775Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The title page is engraved. Another state of the plate used in ESTC T498619 and ESTC T498620 with a different imprint. In this state the imprint is on one line.
Wallis and Stonehouse were in partnership from 1775 to 1777. See: Plomer, H. Dictionary of the printers and booksellers who were at work in England, Scotland and Ireland from 1726 to 1775, page 254
The title page is engraved, with vignette.
Last page blank.
English short title catalogue, T209580
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary quarter calf and marbled boards. Autograph on title page: Jos. Berens. Manuscript notes on medicines for horses, 2 leaves at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Diseases -- Early works to 1800.Horses -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings -- 1775-1777.
YCBA Collections Search
Burdon, William, The gentlemans pocket farrier , [between 1775 and 1777?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.