Mottram, R. H. (Ralph Hale), 1883-1971, Strawberry time, and, The banquet , 1934
Strawberry time, and, The banquet / by R.H. Mottram.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Printed and made in Great Britain by the Golden Cockerel Press, Ten Staple Inn, London, 1934.
- Physical Description:
- , 87,  pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6025.O88 S77 1934Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Eighth in the Golden Cockerel series of first editions by famous modern authors. The wood-engravings are by Gertrude Hermes. Printed and published by Christopher Sandford, Francis J. Newbery and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, London. Compositors: A.H. Gibbs and E.J. Ward. Pressman: H. Barker. The edition is limited to 250 copies."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 96
BEIN 1974 1995: Autograph of the author. Bookplate of Linda Lee Thomas Porter.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 144 of 250. Bound in green quarter morocco with red and green decorated cloth. Signed by the author.
- Subject Terms:
- English literature -- 20th century.Mottram, Ralph Hale, 1883- -- Autograph.Porter, Linda Lee Thomas d. 1954 -- Bookplate.Printing -- Specimens -- England, 20th Century, London, Golden Cockerel Press, 1934.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1934.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.