Donne, John, 1572-1631, The courtier's library, or, Catalogus librorum aulicorum incomparabilium et non vendibilium , 1930
- The courtier's library, or, Catalogus librorum aulicorum incomparabilium et non vendibilium / by John Donne ; edited by Evelyn Mary Simpson ; with a translation.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Catalogus librorum aulicorum incomparabilium et non vendibilium
- London : The Nonesuch Press, 1930.
- Physical Description:
- , 93,  pages ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ1024 .D66 1930Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Translation by Percy Simpson.
A list of 34 imaginary books ascribed to real authors
"Of this edition of The courtier's library 950 copies have been printed for sale in England and America in the Fell types by John Johnson, printer to the University at the Oxford University Press, upon Auvergne hand-made paper."--Colophon.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 71
BEIN Ih D718 930: "Of this edition ... 950 copies have been printed for sale in England and America in the Fell types by John Johnson printer to the University at the Oxford University Press upon Auvergne hand-made paper. This is number 519."
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 189 of 950. Bound in publisher's original blue Auvergne handmade paper with Francis Meynell's Auvergne watermark.
- Subject Terms:
- Imaginary books and libraries.Johnson, John, printer.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.