The horse fair / by James Baldwin.
- New York : The Century Company, 1899.
[New York] : The De Vinne Press
- Physical Description:
- , 418 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPS1059.B35 H67 1899Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations by Max F. Klepper and Clinton Peters.
Printer's statement from verso of title page.
First published in 1895.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's beige cloth. Signed in manuscript: Paul V. Warren, 1900. Bookseller's label: The Wawayanda Company.
Chiron, formerly of ancient Greece and now in the court of Morgan the Fay, tells Phillip about the history of the horse.
- Subject Terms:
- Children -- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction.Chiron (Greek myhology) -- Juvenile fiction.Fairs -- Juvenile fiction.Farm life -- Juvenile fiction.Horses -- Juvenile fiction.Warren, Paul V. -- Autograph, 1900.
- Adventure stories.
Photomechanical prints -- 1899.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.