Richard Jackson (Firm), Jackson's map of the Bedale Hunt, [ca. 1896]
Jackson's map of the Bedale Hunt.
- Additional Title(s):
Map of the Bedale Hunt
- Leeds : Published by Richard Jackson, 16 & 17, Commercial Street, [ca. 1896]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : color ; 90 x 71 cm, folded in cover to 20 x 13 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK287.G7 B43 1896Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale approximately 1:63,360 -- (W 1°58'00"--W 1°18'00"/N 54°31'00"--N 54°00'00").
- Scale approximated from horizontal bar scale given in miles
Mounted on linen.
Hand coloured to show area covered by the hunt, and locations of meets and coverts.
Title panel, at lower left, includes a list of meets.
Bottom right: "G.W. Bacon & Co. Ltd, 127 Strand, London."
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's original maroon cloth, stamped in gold.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting -- England -- Bedale -- Maps.Fox hunting -- England -- Yorkshire -- Maps.North Yorkshire (England) -- Maps.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1896.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.