Aedes Althorpianae, or, An account of the mansion, books, and pictures, at Althorp, the residence of George John Earl Spencer, K.G. : to which is added A supplement to the Bibliotheca Spenceriana / by the Rev. Thomas Frognall Dibdin, F.R.S., S.A., librarian to His Lordship.
- Additional Title(s):
Account of the mansion, books, and pictures, at Althorp, the residence of George John Earl Spencer, K.G.
Vol. 2 has title: Supplement to the Bibliotheca Spenceriana, or, A descriptive catalogue of the books printed in the fifteenth century, in the library of George John Earl Spencer K.G.
- London : Printed by W. Nicol, successor to W. Bulmer and Co., Shakspeare Press, and sold by Payne and Foss, Longman, Hurst and Co., J. and A. Arch, R.H. Evans, R. Triphook, and John Major, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ997 .S63 1814a+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Windle & Pippin. Thomas Frognall Dibdin, A26
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt- and blind-tooled dark blue calf; all edges gilt.
- Subject Terms:
- Althorp (England)Incunabula -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.Rare books -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.Spencer, George John Spencer, Earl, 1758-1834 -- Library -- Catalogs.
- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
Bibliographies -- England -- London -- 19th century.
Engravings -- 1822.
YCBA Collections Search
Dibdin, Thomas Frognall, 1776-1847, Aedes Althorpianae, or, An account of the mansion, books, and pictures, at Althorp, the residence of George John Earl Spencer, K.G. , 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.