Ravenet, Simon François, 1706-1774, [Engravings of horses], 1753
- [Engravings of horses]
- London : Printed for & sold by Robt. Sayer, at the Golden Buck, opposite Fetter Lane, Fleet Street, 1753.
- Physical Description:
- 8 prints : engravings ; plate marks 14 x 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1813Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "From an original drawing of the same size, by P. Tillemans, & engrav'd by S. Ravenet."
BAC: British Art Center copy: In tan cloth folding case; black lettering on spine: "Engravings by Ravenet, 1755." Set of 8 plates after P. Tillemans stitched together. Each plate portrays one, two or a group of three horses, none identified. Spine height: 9 1/4 inches. Sporting Prints Catalogue, under Tillemans, no. 3, p. 188.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Pictorial works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.