Black Beauty : his grooms and companions / by A. Sewell.
- American ed.
- Boston : American Humane Education Society, [1891?]
- Physical Description:
- iv, 245 pages : illustrations ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1966Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "The 'Uncle Tom's cabin' of the horse."
Preliminary pages include "Killing animals humanely," which describes how to shoot a horse and a dog in the quickest and least painful way.
BAC: British Art Center copy: First American edition. Orange wrappers; printed in black. In brownish-orange cloth slip-case; dark brown leather label with gold lettering on spine. Spine height: 7 3/4 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Juvenile fiction.Horses.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.