Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, [Stag hunting], 1809
- [Stag hunting]
- [London?] : [Publisher not identified], 1809.
- Physical Description:
- 4 prints : etchings ; plate marks approximately 11 x 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1880Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 149, no. 6
BAC: British Art Center copy: Plain grey wrappers. Bound in dark brown three-quarter calf, and light green cloth; gold tooling and lettering on spine "Stag Hunting." No title-page, no text. Set of 4 etchings colored by hand. Dimensions: 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches.
- The rendezvous -- The stag taking soil -- The stag in full chace -- The death of the stag.
- Subject Terms:
- Deer hunting -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Horses -- Pictorial works.
- Etchings -- 1809.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.