Epsom Races , 
- Epsom Races : the Derby Day.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Going to Epsom Races
- London : Published by S. & J. Fuller, at their Sporting Gallery, 34, Rathbone Place, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 4 joined sheets : hand-colored aquatint ; sheets end-to-end 6 x 180 cm, acordion folded to 6 x 13 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF335.G7 E67 1819Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "A panoramic view, fifteen feet in length, comprising the road, with its diversified and amusing incidents, consisting of costume, character, moden equipage, and London conveyance ..."--Front pastedown.
Attributed to Henry Alken.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Cover title: Going to Epsom Races.
Title and imprint from front paste-down.
A variant issue was issued in scroll format (in wooden case), with title: Going to Epsom Races : a ludicrious amusement, consisting of modern costume, characters, dandies, equipages, and horsemanship.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 472
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original green cloth in green cloth slip case. Folder and slip case with racing design stamped in gilt. Publisher's advertisements on rear pastedown.
- Subject Terms:
- Epsom Derby, England (Horse race) -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Horse racing -- England.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1819.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.