Alken, Henry Thomas, 1784-1851, Panorama of Epsom Race Course , May 31st, 1854
Panorama of Epsom Race Course / H. Alken lith.
- London : Ackermann and Co., 96, Strand, May 31st, 1854.
London : Johnson & Bassent, 2, Tudor Pl. Tottenham Ct. Rd., 
- Physical Description:
- 1 prints on 4 joined sheets : hand-colored lithograph ; sheets end-to-end 21 x 221 cm, rolled to 21 x 17 cm (scroll format)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF335.G7 A45 1854 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- A continuous strip view.
Title from accompanying key plan (in plain line).
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 600
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Enclosed in contemporary green linen-covered wrapper, onto which the key map is affixed.
- Subject Terms:
- Epsom Derby, England (Horse race) -- Pictorial works.Horse racing -- England -- Pictorial works.Jackson & Bassent -- Printer.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1854.
Panoramas -- England.
Scrolls -- England -- 19th century.
- The rubbing house
- Nicholson's refreshment booth
- Liverpool stand
- The stewards old stand
- Winning post
- Bornard's stand
- Careless refreshment booth
- Steward stand
- Weight house
- The grand stand
- Distance post
- Refreshment booth
- The Tam Road
- Tattenham Corner
- Stables or horse booths
- The Hill
- Stewart's old stand
- The old winning post
- The start
- Nicolson's refreshment booth
- Winning post
- Number post
- The paddock.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.