Big pictures , 2005
- Big pictures : problems and solutions for treating outsize paintings / edited by Sally Woodcock.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Problems and solutions for treating outsize paintings
- London : Archetype, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 152 p. : ill. ; 31 cm
- Reference LibraryND1640 .B35 2005 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Includes bibliographical references.
"Papers presented at a conference held at Tate Modern in December 2000 and organized by the Paintings Section of the United Kingdom Institute of Conservation"--Pref.
- Conservation of large miniatures on ivory / Alan Derbyshire -- The conservation of large-format works of art on paper / A. Jean E. Brown -- The conservation and reinstatement of the Lonsdale Frieze, Mount Stuart / Clare Meredith and Colleen Donaldson -- Installation of L'Escargot, by Henri Matisse / Calvin Winner -- Cy Twombly: big pictures in a travelling retrospective / Michael Duffy -- Touring Robert Rauschenberg's 32-ft-long painting Barge / Gillian McMillan -- The problem of the seven foot door / Ian McClure -- 'The unloved painting' by Guido Reni / Christine Leback Sitwell -- Using aluminum for a stretcher: a practical assessment / Jacqueline Ridge, Dave Jones and Jack Warans -- The challenges of storing a collection of theatre backcloths / Nicola Costaras and Stephen King -- The battle with Trafalgar / Valentine Walsh and Richard Pelter -- A cold-lining technique for large-scale paintings / Kate Seymour and Jos van Och -- The structural treatment of a series of large dynastic portraits of Louis XIV and family on-site at Chateau de Balleroy, Normandy / Jim Dimond with Warwick MacCallum -- The restoration of Caravaggio's The beheading of Saint John the Baptist / Marco Ciatti -- The Battle of Meanee by Edward Armitage, 1847 / Claire Chorley -- The defeat of the floating batteries off Gibraltar by John Singleton Copley: history and display / Gerry Alabone with Louise Dandy -- The defeat of the floating batteries off Gibraltar by John Singleton Copley: a painting waiting for a wall / Sally Woodcock.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Handling -- Congresses.Painting -- Conservation and restoration -- Congresses.Painting -- Transportation -- Congresses.