Big pictures : problems and solutions for treating outsize paintings / edited by Sally Woodcock.
- Additional Title(s):
Problems and solutions for treating outsize paintings
- London : Archetype, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 152 p. : ill. ; 31 cm
- Reference LibraryND1640 .B35 2005 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Includes bibliographical references.
"Papers presented at a conference held at Tate Modern in December 2000 and organized by the Paintings Section of the United Kingdom Institute of Conservation"--Pref.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Handling -- Congresses.Painting -- Conservation and restoration -- Congresses.Painting -- Transportation -- Congresses.
- Conservation of large miniatures on ivory / Alan Derbyshire
- The conservation of large-format works of art on paper / A. Jean E. Brown
- The conservation and reinstatement of the Lonsdale Frieze, Mount Stuart / Clare Meredith and Colleen Donaldson
- Installation of L'Escargot, by Henri Matisse / Calvin Winner
- Cy Twombly: big pictures in a travelling retrospective / Michael Duffy
- Touring Robert Rauschenberg's 32-ft-long painting Barge / Gillian McMillan
- The problem of the seven foot door / Ian McClure
- 'The unloved painting' by Guido Reni / Christine Leback Sitwell
- Using aluminum for a stretcher: a practical assessment / Jacqueline Ridge, Dave Jones and Jack Warans
- The challenges of storing a collection of theatre backcloths / Nicola Costaras and Stephen King
- The battle with Trafalgar / Valentine Walsh and Richard Pelter
- A cold-lining technique for large-scale paintings / Kate Seymour and Jos van Och
- The structural treatment of a series of large dynastic portraits of Louis XIV and family on-site at Chateau de Balleroy, Normandy / Jim Dimond with Warwick MacCallum
- The restoration of Caravaggio's The beheading of Saint John the Baptist / Marco Ciatti
- The Battle of Meanee by Edward Armitage, 1847 / Claire Chorley
- The defeat of the floating batteries off Gibraltar by John Singleton Copley: history and display / Gerry Alabone with Louise Dandy
- The defeat of the floating batteries off Gibraltar by John Singleton Copley: a painting waiting for a wall / Sally Woodcock.