America with those known parts in that unknowne worlde both people and manner of buildings / discribed and inlarged by I.S., ano. 1626 ; Abraham Goos Amstelodaminsis sculpsit.
- [London] : Are to be sold in Popshead Alley against the Exchange by G. Humble, [1662?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 36 x 44 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2010 2iYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:45,000,000].
- Relief shown pictorially.
State 2 according to Burden. Differs from similar map; has additional place names such as Boston and Long Ile.
From John Speed's A prospect of the most famous parts of the world.
Burden, P.D. Mapping of North America, 217
Includes text, inset of Greenland, and ill. of native figures and town views in margins.
Text on verso.
BAC: British Art Center copy on sheet 44 x 55 cm. Hand-colored.
- Subject Terms:
- America -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.America.
- Early works.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1662.
YCBA Collections Search
Speed, John, 1552?-1629, America with those known parts in that unknowne worlde both people and manner of buildings , [1662?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.