Boazio, Baptista, The true description or draffte of that famous Ile of Wighte , 1591
- The true description or draffte of that famous Ile of Wighte : with some parte of the Englishe or Britaine coast and inwarde countreye of Hampshire and Sussex : wherein gentle reader you maye see the true distances sett downe by measure or scale of any parte thereof, also the particuler descriptions of hills, woodes, beacons, castells, rockes, and townes, whiche vnto this platt are adioyninge / made by Baptista Boazio.
- [London] : [publisher not identified], 1591.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : engraving ; 24 x 33 cm, on sheet 29 x 43 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2010 1kYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- approximately 1:232,000
- Place of publication suggested by STC (2nd ed.).
Relief shown pictorially.
STC (2nd ed.) 3171.9
Selected exhibitions: "The Mapmaker's art: 300 years of British cartography" (Yale Center for British Art, January 17-March 12, 1989).
BAC: British Art Center copy is hand-colored.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Isle of Wight.Isle of Wight (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Early works.
Maps -- Isle of Wight.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1591.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.