Holloway, Jennifer, Against the odds , 2014
Against the odds : the life of Edgar Holloway, artist / Jennifer Holloway.
- Additional Title(s):
Life of Edgar Holloway, artist
- Bristol : Sansom & Co, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 158 pages, 24 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color), portraits ; 25 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.H7371 H65 2014 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 143-144) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- British artists -- Biography.Holloway, Edgar.
- Family background. Boyhood in Yorkshire
- Move to Essex. London exhibitions. Return to Yorkshire
- With William Wilson in Essex. Travels in Europe. Teaching
- The Royal Masonic School. Elisabeth Stopp. Becomes Roman Catholic. Mercers' School
- Daisy Monica Hawkins. Marriage in Wales. Return to Yorkshire. Start of family
- The Guild of St Joseph and St Dominic. Work for publishers and lettering commissions
- Return to fine art. USA commissions
- Exhibiting again. Death of Monica
- Re-marriage. The end of the Guild
- Recognition. The Ashmolean. National touring exhibitions. The last years.