Into the light , 2014
- Into the light : the paintings of William Blair Bruce (1859-1906) / curator, Tobi Bruce ; with essays by Michelle Facos [and 5 others].
- Alternate Title(s):
- Paintings of William Blair Bruce (1859-1906)
- Hamilton, Ontario : Art Gallery of Hamilton, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 255 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 31 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.B835 I5 2014 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Catalog of a retrospective exhibiton held at the Art Gallery of Hamilton, May 24 to October 5, 2014.
French text of this publication is available for download from the Art Gallery of Hamilton's website.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Message from exhibition patron -- Foreword / Louise Dompierre -- Acknowledgements / Tobi Bruce -- Preface / Tobi Bruce -- William Blair Bruce : the big picture / Tobi Bruce -- In the shadow of Jules Bastien-Lepage and naturalism : William Blair Bruce at Barbizon, 1882-1885 / Ross Allen Fox -- "The most beautiful country that I have ever visited" William Blair Bruce in Giverny / William H. Gerdts -- Grez-sur loing : a quiet life / Anne Koval -- "My sculpture queen" : Caroline Benedicks as Bruce's subject / Arlene Gehmacher -- Red cloud the red skin : reflections on William Blair Bruce's indigenous encounter / Richard W. Hill Sr. -- Bruce and the Baltic / Michelle Facos -- Exhibition list -- Contributors -- Credits -- Sponsors and partners.
- Subject Terms:
- Bruce, William Blair, 1859-1906 -- Exhibitions.