Metaphorical measurements for a British Olympics : a small publication intended to clarify some of the facts and figures involved in the London 2012 Olympic Games / written and illustrated by George Hardie ; designed by Daniel Kaspar.
- [Brighton] : University of Brighton. Creative Campus Initiative, 
- Physical Description:
-  pages : illlustrations ; 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV722 2012 .H37 2012Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "After 2012 London will become the city most experienced in hosting the Modern Olympic Games."
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green printed paper wrappers.
The volume notes the world records of various Olympic events, and offers alternative measurements of these records using metrics peculiar to the national characteristics of Great Britain. For example, the record distance for shot put (22.47 meters) has equivalent: "Throwing a ten week-old Stilton cheese the length of two and three quarter London red double decker Routemaster buses."
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Civilization.National characteristics, British.Olympic Games (30th : 2012 : London, England)University of Brigton. Creative Campus Initiative -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Hardie, George, Metaphorical measurements for a British Olympics , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.