Wilkins, George, Rev., 1785-1865, The voice of the dead , 1857
- The voice of the dead : a funeral sermon / by the Rev. George Wilkins, Portland Chapel, St. John's Wood.
- London : John Snow, 35, Paternoster Row, 1857.
- Physical Description:
- 32 pages ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS475.2.J37 W55 1857Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jane L. Jervis, Yale PhD 1978Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary green cloth, stamped in gilt: The Crimea by Colonel Jervis. Inscribed: Annie Eliza Scott Jervis. Naples. 1867. To my dear nephew J. Jervis in rememberance of our beloved father from Annie [illegible] Jervis. June 18th 1914. Affixed to front endpapers: photograph of Anna Laura Paget Jervis, wife of Thomas Best Jervis; a calling card for Lieut. Col. T.B. Jervis; and bookplate of Thomas Best Jervis. Also with a lithograph of St. John's in the Wilderness. Has bound with it: India in relation to Great Britain : consideration on its future administration / by Major Thomas Best Jervis, F.R.S. Late of the Corps of Enginers, E.I.S. London : John Petheram, 94, High Holborn, MDCCCLIII .
- Subject Terms:
- Funeral rites and ceremonies.Jervis, Annie -- Pres. insc. to J. Jervis. June 18th. 1914.Jervis, Annie Eliza Scott Jervis -- Autograph, Naples 1867.Jervis, J. -- Pres. insc. from Annie [illegible] Jervis. June 18th, 1914.Jervis, T. B. (Thomas Best), 1796-1857 -- Death and burial.Jervis, Thomas Best -- Bookplate.Snow, John -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- 1857.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.