The modern farrier : containing the causes, symptoms, and most approved methods of preventing and curing the various diseases of horses, cows, and sheep : forming a valuable compendium of practical farriery / by G. Lowson ; illustrated with engravings.
- London : Published and sold by Jones & Co., MDCCCXXXVII 
Howden : Printed at the Office of W.F. Pratt
- Physical Description:
- , iv, 234 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF745 .L69 1837Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printer's statement from verso of title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's printed green boards. With a note indicating previous ownership by Carlyle Baer.
- Subject Terms:
- Baer, Carlyle -- Provenance.Domestic animals.Horses.Veterinary medicine.
- Etchings -- 1837.
Wood engravings -- 1837.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.