Cut-paper silhouette of the Church of Saint Bega, Bassenthwaite, mid-19th century
Cut-paper silhouette of the Church of Saint Bega, Bassenthwaite.
- Bassenthwaite, England?, mid-19th century.
- Physical Description:
- 1 cut-paper work ; 45 mm in diameter
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.L1 C88Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Visual Materials
- Cut-paper depiction of the Church of Sating Bega, Bassenthwaite. The paper is white and set against a background of black felt. The structure of the church is cut in profile only, with internal details added in graphite. Below the image, the word "Bassenwaite" is cut. The image of the church is framed by an excerpt from C.W. Thomson's poem, Parted friends: "Parted friends again may meet, from the toils of nature free; Crowned with mercy, oh! how sweet will eternal friendship be."
- Subject Terms:
- Bassenthwaite (England) -- Pictorial works.Church buildings -- England -- Bassenthwaite.Church of Saint Bega (Bassenthwaite, England)Lake District (England) -- Pictorial works.Paper work -- Specimens.Religious poetry.
- Cut-paper works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.