Morrison, John, 1959-, Painting labour in Scotland and Europe, 1850-1900 , 
Painting labour in Scotland and Europe, 1850-1900 / John Morrison.
- Farnham Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, 194 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm
- Reference LibraryND1460.C68 M67 2014 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and society -- Europe -- History -- 19th century.Art and society -- Scotland -- History -- 19th century.Country life in art.Genre painting, European -- 19th century.Genre painting, Scottish -- 19th century.Working class in art.
- Introduction. Images of Rural Labour
- The City and the Country
- Life and Work. The Church and Images of Rural Society
- Highland and Lowland. Rural Labour in Two Scotlands
- A Passion for Enquiry. Living the Life of Labour
- Conclusion. The Peculiarities of Experience.