The practice of perspective: or, An easy method of representing natural objects according to the rules of art ... The whole illustrated with one hundred and fifty copper-plates. Written in French by a Jesuit of Paris; since translated into German ... and into English ... And now, a second time, into the same language, by E. Chambers ...
- Additional Title(s):
La perspective pratique. English
- The 3d ed. To which is prefixed The theory of perspective ... by James Hodgson.
- London, Printed for Thomas Bowles, and John Bowles, 1743.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, , 16, 150, 150 p. ill., fold. diagrs. 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC749 .D9 1743Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Sketches in margins and on front and back endpapers.
BAC : Head- and tail-pieces.
Text and full page illustrations on opposite pages, numbered in duplicate; divided into 5 parts, each part with special half-title, not included in paging.
BAC: Paul Sandby's copy, with his calligraphic signature on fly-leaf and numerous pencil sketches by him on fly-leaves and plates.
- Subject Terms:
- Bowles, John -- Publisher.Bowles, Thomas -- Publisher.Haslop, W. F. -- Autograph, 1912.Lloyd-Jones, D. -- Bookplate.Perspective -- Early works to 1800.Sandby, Paul -- Autograph.
- Etchings -- 1743.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.