Binski, Paul, Gothic wonder , 2014
Gothic wonder : art, artifice and the decorated style 1290-1350 / Paul Binski.
- New Haven : Yale University Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 454 pages : ǂb illustrations (some color) ; ǂc 29 cm
- Reference LibraryN6763 .B56 2014 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Gothic -- Decorated style -- England.Art, English -- 14th century.Art, Gothic -- England.Creation (Literary, artistic, etc.)
- Mode invention and means. The heroic horizons of pre-Decorated art
- Gothic invention
- Money and motive
- The aesthetics of Decorated style. Invention energized: scale and allegory
- Artifice and allure
- Solomon's house: wonder at Ely
- The English abroad
- Artifice, authority and figuration. The pleasures of unruling
- The true vine