Binski, Paul, Gothic wonder , 2014
- Gothic wonder : art, artifice and the decorated style 1290-1350 / Paul Binski.
- New Haven : Yale University Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 454 pages : ǂb illustrations (some color) ; ǂc 29 cm
- Reference LibraryN6763 .B56 2014 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Mode invention and means. The heroic horizons of pre-Decorated art -- Gothic invention -- Money and motive -- The aesthetics of Decorated style. Invention energized: scale and allegory -- Artifice and allure -- Solomon's house: wonder at Ely -- The English abroad -- Artifice, authority and figuration. The pleasures of unruling -- The true vine -- Contagion.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Gothic -- Decorated style -- England.Art, English -- 14th century.Art, Gothic -- England.Creation (Literary, artistic, etc.)