Nicholson, William, 1872-1949, Ellen Terry jubilee commemoration banquet, June 17th 1906, 1906
- Ellen Terry jubilee commemoration banquet, June 17th 1906.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Ellen Terry jubilee commemoration banquet souvenir, June 17th 1906.
- [London?] : [publisher not identified], 1906.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 2 joined sheets : chromolithograph ; sheets end-to-end 17 x 147 cm, rolled to 17 x 11 cm (scroll format)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN2598.T32 N53 1906 FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Depicts a stage with figures of Ellen Terry in her various parts from "Hamillius 1856" to "Lady Cecily 1906."
"Examples were distributed as souvenirs to guests at the Jubilee Banquet at the Hotel Cecil on 17 June 1906."--Campbell.
By William Nicholson.
Issued in decorative paper-board box, with title label on box top: The Ellen Terry jubilee commemoration banquet souvenir June 17th 1906.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 630
Campbell, C. William Nicholson : the graphic work, 142
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Affixed to original wooden spool and contained within original card box.
- Subject Terms:
- Actors -- England -- Pictorial works.Souvenirs (Keepsakes)Terry, Ellen, Dame, 1847-1928.Theater -- England -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.Theater -- England -- 20th century -- Pictorial works.
Chromolithographs -- 1906.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.