The gentleman's pocket-farrier : showing how to use your horse on a journey, and what remedies are proper for common accidents that may befall him on the road : with a copper-plate showing the age of a horse by his teeth.
- Philadelphia : Printed by William Spotswood, 1791.
- Physical Description:
- , 62 pages,  folded leaf of plates : illustrations ; 11 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF951 .B87 1791Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- Evans Digital Edition
- Earlier editions name William Burdon as author. Erroneously attributed to J. Bartlet [i.e., John Bartlet, 1716?-1772] by Evans.
Frontispiece engraved by James Trenchard.
Signatures: [A]1 B-C¹⁶ (last leaf blank).
Austin, R.B. Early Amer. medical imprints, 351
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary marbled wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Diseases -- Early works to 1800.Horses -- Diseases.Horses -- Early works to 1800.Horses.
- Early works.
Engravings -- 1791.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.