Westmoria comitatus : Anglice Westmorland.
- [Amsterdam] : [Joan Blaeu], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 36 x 48 cm, on sheet 52 x 62 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2010 2dYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [1:75,000].
- Derived from the map in Speed's Theatre.
Imprint derived from the earliest atlas in which the map was issued.
Issued in this state in successive editions of the atlas until the plate was destroyed in 1672.
Shows hundred boundaries, rivers, woods, parks and settlements ; coats of arms.
Relief shown pictorially.
Skelton, R.A. County atlases of the British Isles, 1579-1850, p. 75
County of Westmorland.
BAC: British Art Center copy with text in French on reverse. Hand-colored.
- Subject Terms:
- Westmorland (England) -- Early works to 1800 -- Maps.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.