Saxton, Christopher, 1542?-, Wiltshire, wth. Salisbury citty & Stone heng described ano. 1689, [approximately 1715?]
- Wiltshire, wth. Salisbury citty & Stone heng described ano. 1689 [cartographic material] / Christophorus Saxton descripsit ; Remigius Hogenbergius sculpsit.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Wiltshire with Salisbury city and Stonehenge
- London : Sold by Geo. Willdey at the great toy, spectacle, china ware, & print shop, the corner of Ludgate Street near St. Pauls, [approximately 1715?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : engraving, hand-colored ; 41 x 33 cm, on sheet 47 x 53 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2010 2fAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:200,000].
- Relief shown pictorially.
Originally appeared in: The shires of England and Wales described by Christopher Saxton ... [London] : Sold by Philip Lea ... , .
Includes ancillary map of Salisbury, view of Stonehenge, and coats of arms of "The Earles of Wiltshire" and "The Earles of Salisbury."
George Willdey employed the present imprint ca. 1715. See: Worms, L. British map engravers.
Chubb, T. Printed maps in the atlases of Great Britain and Ireland VIII. 22
BAC: British Art Center copy hand-colored.
- Subject Terms:
- Salisbury (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Stonehenge (England)Wiltshire (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- County maps -- England -- Wiltshire -- 1690.
Maps -- England -- Wiltshire -- 1690.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.