Westmorland [cartographic material] / Robt. Morden.
- [London] : Sold by Abel Swale, Awnsham & Iohn Churchill, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : engraving ; 34 x 41 cm, on sheet 40 x 47 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2010 3bYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:159,900]
- Relief shown pictorially.
Plate 7 of 50 from: Camden's Britannia, newly translated into English, 1695 / William Camden & Robert Morden.
Shows boundaries, rivers, woods, mountains, settlements.
Chubb, T. Printed maps in the atlases of Great Britain and Ireland, CXIII, 45
BAC: British Art Center copy is hand-colored.
- Subject Terms:
- Cumbria (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Early works.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1695.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.