A new map of Leicestershire [cartographic material] : divided into hundreds, exhibiting its roads, rivers, parks &c. / by John Cary, Engraver.
- London : Published by J. Cary, engraver & map seller, no. 181 Strand, Sepr. 28,1801.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : engraving ; 51 x 46 cm, on sheet 65 x 55 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2010 3nYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [1:150,000].
- Shows boundaries, rivers, roads, woods, parks and settlements.
Relief shown by hachures.
Chubb, T. Printed maps in the atlases of Great Britain and Ireland, CCCXXXIII, 21
County of Leicester.
- Subject Terms:
- Leicestershire (England) -- Maps.
Maps -- England -- Leicestershire.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1801.
YCBA Collections Search
Cary, John, approximately 1754-1835, A new map of Leicestershire, Sepr. 28,1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.