IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Saxton, Christopher, 1542?-, Glamorga[n]shire, [approximately 1715?]
Glamorga[n]shire [cartographic material] / discribed by C.S. ; corrected and amended by P. Lea.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Sold by Geo. Willdey at the great toy, spectacle, china ware, and print shop, the corner of Ludgate Street near St. Pauls, [approximately 1715?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : engraving, hand-colored ; 32 x 46 cm, on sheet 46 x 58 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2010 2gView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Relief shown pictorially.
Originally appeared in: The shires of England and Wales described by Christopher Saxton ... [London] : Sold by Philip Lea ... , .
Inset maps: Cardyfe, Landaffe.
George Willdey employed the present imprint ca. 1715. See: Worms, L. British map engravers.
BAC: British Art Center copy hand-colored.
- Subject Terms:
- Cardiff (Wales) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Glamorgan (Wales) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Llandaff (Wales) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- County maps -- Wales -- Glamorgan y 1690.
Maps -- England -- Wiltshire -- 1690.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.