A new improved map of Oxfordshire : from the best surveys and intelligences, divided into its hundreds : shewing the several roads and true measured distances between town and town : also the rectories and vicarages, the parks and seats of the nobility & gentry, with other useful particulars : regulated by astronomical observations / by Thos. Kitchin, geographer.
- [London] : Printed for T. Bowles in St. Paul's Church Yard, John Bowles and Son, in Cornhill, Robt. Sayer and John Tinney in Fleet Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : engraving ; 69 x 51 cm, on sheet 73 x 56 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2009 4fAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a digital version in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale approximately 1:115,000 -- (W 1°42'04"--W 0°51'00"/N 52°10'06"--N 51°27'18").
- BEIN 3218 1750: Hand colored.
Shows boundaries, roads, woods, parks and settlements.
Relief shown pictorially.
Bar scale given in "statute British miles."
Prime meridian: London. Coordinates converted by cataloger to express longitude as measured from the Greenwich meridian.
Includes list of colleges and decorative title cartouche.
Dedicated to Charles Spenser, Duke of Marlborough.
Hodson, D. County atlases of the British Isles, published after 1703, 221 G
County of Oxford, divided into hundreds.
BAC: British Art Center copy boundaries are hand-colored.
- Subject Terms:
- Oxfordshire (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Maps -- England -- Oxfordshire.
Engravings -- 1750.
YCBA Collections Search
Kitchin, Thomas, 1718-1784, A new improved map of Oxfordshire , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.