The royal Windsor pair : a nations welcome : heaven protect them.
- Additional Title(s):
Royal Windsor pear
- [England?] : [publisher not identified], [1840?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : hand-colored lithograph ; 14 x 11 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 79bYale Center for British Art, Gift of Hilda Lease JayView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- A visual pun. An illustration of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert is set below an illustration of a green pear (bearing the title); the flap containing the pear (hinged at top) may be lifted to reveal the royal couple.
The publisher may be Charles Tilt, who issued similar transformations.
Concise encyclopaedia of antiques, p. 209
Gernsheim, H. Victoria R., p. 68
BAC: British Art Center copy cased with eight other items concerning the funeral of the Duke of Wellington.
- Subject Terms:
- Albert, Prince Consort, consort of Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1861 -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers -- Pictorial works.Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1840.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.