Jervis, T. B. (Thomas Best), 1796-1857, A report on the weights and measures of the Konkun province, and the territories subject to the government of Bombay , 1829
- A report on the weights and measures of the Konkun province, and the territories subject to the government of Bombay : together with a comparative analysis of their quantities in respect to such as are at present, or were anciently used throughout India / by T.B. Jervis, Captain of Engineers.
- Bombay : Printed at the American Mission Press, 1829.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 170,  pages, 1 folded leaf of plates : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQC89.I4 J54 1829Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jane L. Jervis, Yale PhD 1978Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Errata,  page at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary quarter calf with marbled boards. The author's copy, with his annotations. Extra illustrated with engravings, maps, ALS, and newspaper clippings. Has bound with it: Records of ancient science / by Captain T.B. Jervis. Calcutta : Baptist Mission Press, 1835 -- Geographical and statistical memoir of the Konkun / by Major T.B. Jervis. Calcutta : Baptist Mission Press, 1840.
- Subject Terms:
- India -- Konkan.Jervis, T. B. (Thomas Best), 1796-1857 -- Ms. notes.Weights and measures -- India -- Konkan.Weights and measures.
- Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.