Map of the county palatine of Durham, [map] : from an actual survey made in the years 1818 & 1819, / by C. & I. Greenwood ...
- Corrected to the present period.
- [London] : Published by the proprietors Greenwood & Co. ... London., Jan. 26, 1831.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 58 x 68 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2009 4iAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [1:200,000].
- "Engraved by J. & C. Walker ...".
Vignette: "Durham Cathedral." ; "Creighton del.".
Inset maps: "Part of Durham locally situate in Northumberland" ; "Part of Durham localy situate in the North Riding of Yorkshire, 13 Miles North from York.".
Differs from previous state by the addition of a list of polling places.
Shows boundaries, roads with distances, woods, parks and settlements.
List of wards ; list of polling places ; compass rose.
Relief shown by hachures.
BAC: British Art Center copy is hand-colored.
County of Durham, divided into wards.
- Subject Terms:
- Durham (England : County) -- Maps.England -- Durham (County)
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1831.
YCBA Collections Search
C. & J. Greenwood, Map of the county palatine of Durham,, Jan. 26, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.